Cricket is one of Irelands fastest growing sports and has been played in Ireland since 1792 with Ballinsloe forming the first club in 1825. Ireland played there first international against England in 1855. Ireland has gained the tradition of giant killers over the years with there most famous win coming in the 2011 world cup against England.
Ireland has some fantastic Cricket venues with The Markyde in Cork, Stormont in Belfast and Clontarf in Dublin to name just a few.
Here are some shots of the opening of the Cork County Cricket Club in the Maradyke, Cork City.
Planning an Irish Cricket Tour?
A Cricket tour is an enjoyable part of any pre or post season, the excitement of travelling together as part of a team as well as playing new and testing opposition.
For your Cricket tour we plan a tour entirely to fit your teams requirements from the budget, accommodation to the correct standard of opposition, so that the right balance is reached and your tour is a success both on and off the field.
What do you get from Sport Tours Ireland?
- A local Irish company who knows Ireland and is passionate about Cricket.
- Play games at appropriate levels with suitable opposition and qualified umpires.
- Suggested cultural excursions, places of significant historical and cultural importance to visit.
- Expertly planned sightseeing and fun activities whilst on your Cricket tour.
- Post game socials and intercultural exchange with opposing Irish teams.
- A training session with a top coach.
- Close associations with favoured rates for accommodation, meals etc
- We listen to what you want and include your input into every itinerary, offering advice and suggestions.
- Quality buses suitable for touring Cricket teams and supporters.
- Medals, trophies and man of the match awards are available.